Saturday, September 23, 2006

Da Girls

**WARNING**
SNEAK PEAK AHEAD
IF YOU ARE A MEMBER OF THE
ORNAMENT EXCHANGE
STOP HERE!!

UNLESS YOU WANT TO SEE IT.....


Here they are, my girls. :)

(The one with the pink bow looks a bit cross eyed doesn't she? It must be the picture or the glare, because she looks just fine now.)




I am incredibly proud of these ginger gals! For starters it is the first time I have successfully crochet in rounds, and they are finished! 2 things I seem to not have very good luck with.

I had started out on a full gingerbread girl pattern, but it seemed so disproportionate with the head being so much larger than the body. So I tore out the arms and legs and thought they looked a lot better this way.

I have several more to make before I am completed, but I am so excited to get them done. I"ll probably make some as gifts for family too! They also look like they might make a great magnet.....hummm...... all the possibilities!

I am also swapping stockings, so I need to get that finished up also. I'm not nearly as proud of that so far!! Lots of stuff to work on, and I see my crochet ability increasing with each project!


On another subject; Rob and I are checking into the Embassy Suites in Everett tonight for the big Khaki Ball the Navy holds for all the newly promoted Chiefs. It was great fun last year when Rob got the promotion, I hope this year will be a nice evening as well. I am especially excited about my Mom being here to watch the kiddos so that Rob and I can have the whole night to ourselves!! YAY!! THANK YOU OMA!!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are the cutest little ornaments, great job! I should make some, they'de make great gifts. Ideas......

I hope you & hubby had a wonderful time. :o)

Lucy said...

I'm sorry Christy...I had to peek...those are sooooo cute...I can't wait for mine!!!!!

Unknown said...

Those are adorable!! Nice Job!!!

@JDHealingTimeOnEarth said...

You are welcome.

Netter said...

Those are sooo darn cute! I just made some Gingerbread head ornaments too. Small world, but yours are cuter.

Anonymous said...

Incredibly cute!! I can't wait to get mine! Nice job.

LG said...

Sweet ginger faces!