Thursday, January 11, 2007

Cha Cha Cha Changes

I know, I know. The horse background makes it hard to read posts. I'm working on it, just be patient. I'm a no- nothing when it comes to CSS code, so it's gonna be a day by day thing. Eventually it will be perfect. Just hang in there. Say a big thanks to Hubby for me for getting the background to work at all!! He's my overused computer know it all!! Love you babe!

Yesterday was a bummer. Mother Nature has PMS or something. It snowed theses little ice pellets all day and the roads were darn near impossible to drive on. Hubby watched 2 cars spin out right in front of him on the way home from work. He called and said there was no way we were going to get to the barn for the gals first horse lesson. What a bummer! I had to break the news, she cried and I almost did too! I was as excited as she was (maybe more). Although we missed the lesson we are going to try to make it out there today for some horse time. The gal wants to ride, but I don't think that will be possible.

I feel like I am on my way back to feeling fulfilled. Does that make any sense? I was happy before, but I was not leaving the house except for the grocery trips or family trips to the mall for the indoor playground. The last few weeks I have been out with the gal, slinging horse poo poo getting muddy and rained on, but coming home feeling great! It's just something about being around horses that makes me feel super great. Warm and fuzzy, ya know? It's especially neat that the gal shares this passion with me, and her dreams have really gotten me back involved in my dreams. It's funny how that worked out. I am so thankful for the opportunity to be out there, especially since we do not own a horse of our own (dare I say, yet). The gals are great about sharing the love and that is something I will repay ten fold someday.

As fun and exciting as all this is to us, I need to make sure that I balance it all just right. I need to make sure that the family as a unit knows that they are my numero uno. It's a delicate job to do. I am working on it, perfecting the multi tasking arena. I have researched some great crock pot meals for lesson days so that we can avoid the run through the drive through, and have made sure that I can get all the Mommy necessity stuff done during the day before the bus arrives home. Wish me luck.

Today I am tracking down all non necessity writing tools. The boy has turned the walls of his room into his art project, which I don't mind to terribly much. It is a problem however when he brings his art out into my kitchen and the new fridge. Wish me luck in finding all his hiding places for the stash of markers.

Okay- that's enough blab for today!!! Have a great one!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck getting all your time worked out.
Stephanie

Anonymous said...

The family/life thing is always a tough one to balance just right. It's good that you know that it's important to do so. You go!!

P.S. Put a "/>" ,without the quotes, right after your ".gif" (again,without the quotes) to make your rearing horses show up between posts. :o)