Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I might change my mind, but for now I need to blog about this to get it out of my head.

Horse boarding drama 101.

First I should state that I am experienced in this area, and I mean no judgments upon anyone. I know times get hard. I've been in the bottom of the barrel so to speak. Thank God we are beyond that point in our lives.

Here's the problem.

A couple weeks ago the Horse dentist was out to the barn. One particular Lady whom I know from past conversations isn't financially "available" wrote out a $600 plus check for her 3 horses. Today, 2 weeks+ later I get a call from the Dr's receptionist wanting me to contact her for them as her check has bounced and she won't return calls. Apparently I am not the first person they have called for help either.

Since it's been 2 weeks, the receptionist/bill collector wants me to pass along the message that she needs to call and pay or the check will be turned over to the police and they will put a lean on her horses.

I don't want to be involved. I don't want to have to tell her. I don't want her to loose her horses or go to jail either. Add the fact that she is a military wife which makes me want to help her more (by help I DO NOT mean financially) but also in the back of my mind I know how much her husband makes. It's easily double what Hub brings home. (gosh, thats sad)

I have a past very bad habit of taking on peoples problems as my own. I'll run myself off in a ditch trying to help someone whom would not blink an eye if it was me in trouble. (FIL for example). It's a horrible problem. In a way- I am feeling good about this situation right now because I have no desire to whip out my check book for her. I do however wish to beat her over the head with it and try to knock some sense into her.

Must separate myself from the problem and hopefully not the friend. Is that even possible? Probably not. Oye.

So there it is. The receptionist has called other women out there and left messages. I know others know what the problem is. I however, have no idea what they're talking about........right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's a hot potato. And you're right, it's not your affair nor should they be involving you. Oye! All you can do is what you're doing - plead the 5th.

@JDHealingTimeOnEarth said...

I would not recommend getting involved at all. The receptionist should not be calling you either. She should take it up with the owner or manager of the stables.

You are doing the right thing. You don't need this drama.

Priscilla said...

I would not go out of my way to contact this woman, but if I happened to talk to her just say the vet/dentist is trying to get hold of her. Other wise I would not even think about it.