Monday, May 21, 2007

Stuff.....lots of it!

Good Monday Morning! Hope y'all survived the weekend in one piece. I made it, thank goodness! The weekends are the hardest part so far!

I have several things to say today, and several questions to ask, PLUS a to do list a mile long...please bear with me.

First, Lets all get together and convince my Sis that Blogger is a cool place to be. That lots of people blog and it's a good place to share news. Her name on here will remain Sis, so HEY SIS! JOIN THE FUN!!!

On to serious business now folks, and this is disgusting to the 100th degree! There are gnats in my kitchen and no matter what I do they are still there. I have polished the entire freaking kitchen, checked for bad food in the pantry, I have also put a glass of vinegar on the counter over night like a friend suggested. Nothing has helped. I am losing my mind here folks....I don't know what to do. Today I am going to run some bleach through the pipes in the sink to see if I can get some hiding in there. Otherwise my handy dandy bottle of Windex has been alright at killing them mid air. Any other ideas??

So now that you think my kitchen is disgusting. Lets move on. I am alive!! I am making it as a "one parent show" granted it's still hard, but I'm adapting. My daughter has taken to pushing every single button to get what she wants, and that is no easy fix. I have to figure that out too. She's not a bad kid by any means, but there are times I don't even recognize her any more. Any ideas on 6 year old attitude problems?

Hub made it to the boat safely and in one piece. Whew! His stay in No no land was a lot shorter than I expected. Thank the good Lord for that!! Now we start crossing off days til he gets home. Gosh I hope that flies by!

So minus the gnat problem and the single mother lack of time syndrome I have a to do list a mile long. Stuff that I will just forget if not listed somewhere to keep me on task. Here is what I can think of right now.
  1. Clean cat litter
  2. sweep and mop
  3. laundry
  4. drive Hubs car, ugh
  5. Clean off computer desk.
  6. Finish wool rug
  7. Make Fathers day crafts to mail to Hub.
  8. Mail first box out to Hub.
  9. Pack for weekend away
  10. Make arrangements for horse care while we are gone.
Lets just stop there for now. k? If I get overwhelmed, nothing will get done, and that can not happen!

2 more quick things- Sue??? I miss you!! Come back!!! and last but not least. .... I am not losing weight, but my clothes are to big......very interesting!! Either way, I am excited and proud of myself!!

Have a great Monday!

6 comments:

Yarn Tails said...

I dont know about the gnat problem. But with the 6 year old that is hard. She is going through things with dad being gone and will push your buttons to no end. I never had hubby gone as long as yours but mine was over the road truck driver and it was bad with the kids. Just be persistent and stay strong on what you tell her. Never Never cave. All will work out and be good you will see!

HUGS!!

Aunt Jenny said...

I have had the gnat problem..usually in August when I am canning peaches!! What worked for me that someone suggested once was putting a banana peel in a jar (one you don't mind throwing away, but that has a lid you can use) and putting it on the counter..when the jar is full of gnats on the peel, put the lid on and throw it away..repeat a couple times and it really really helps. Works with fruit flies too.
Ah 6 year old attitude. Been there...wait until you see 11 year old attitude..but wait..that dosn't help at all does it? Just be consistant and when you say no make it mean no and remember that it does get better. They grow up SO fast. If all else fails just laugh at her attitude. It dosn't help the situation but makes YOU feel better. My oldest son (who is darling now) was my hardest with the attitude thing..he is most like me and knew exactly how to push my buttons. oldest son at home now has that going too..I dread middle school with him..haha
Take care..and congrats on the loose clothes!!!!! yay! I need to get serious with THAT.

Sandra said...

I don't know about the gnat problem but your daughter is just missing daddy.

I have the hardest time when my husband is deployed, both the kids seem to push and push and test my patience on a daily basis, it's just their way of dealing with the deployments.

Now everytime he gets deployed I sit down with the kids and tell them that I know this is hard for them and they miss daddy but mommy misses daddy too and we have to take care of each other until he comes home. It seems to help a lot, they feel like they're doing something towards daddy coming home.

Good Luck, hang in there :)

Anonymous said...

Aw shucks! I'm back today! Thanks for askin'. Ditto on the steely reserve. My daughter spent 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 thru 12 that way. I just lower my voice and say no and mean it. I don't even go into explanations - no is no and if there is discussion, all I say is "stop". She will always be the same the but the button pushing stops pronto. She knows when mom means no to stop immediately. I've been known to take away the electronics for excessive button pushing. I keep in mind the setting up of boundaries in preparation for the teeage thing. Good luck! You can make it!!

Anonymous said...

LOL! teeage = teenage! Typos kind of take away from the credibility, don't it?!

خدمات منزلية said...

شركة تسليك مجارى بالهفوف
شركة سباكة بالاحساء
شركة نفخ المجاري بالاحساء
شركة شفط المجاري بالاحساء
شركة شفط بيارات بالاحساء