Saturday, June 24, 2006

I stand corrected

Okay- As my great friend Stephanie pointed out, I have nothing to complain about. Poor thing is stuck in So Florida and she is 7 months pregnant. I will not complain about how hot it is anymore. Or- at least until I am melting again!

So- along the same lines, it is hot here today. There is a difference from yesterday though- there is a great breeze today. I can hear the birds in the yard singing, and the scent of the breeze blowing through the slider is dreamy! In my younger years I would be out in the yard getting the first summer sun burn out of the way- but I have gotten smarter now. I have been blessed with (what I think) is beautiful red hair, but cursed with the pale skin tone to go with it. The dad and the girl are the lucky ones as far as skin type goes and they are out washing cars in their suits. The boy and I are confined to the limits of our walls til evening. To complicate things more, the boy is allergic to an ingredient in the sunscreen. We have not pin pointed exacty what it is yet, but I suspect coconut oil.

In closing, I was awarded some mommy time earlier today and was able to venture out and hit the thrift stores and a couple yard sales. I did very well and picked up some very cute dolls for my new collection, stay tuned for pics!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My friend's daughter has fair skin and is allergic to sunscreen. She had to use sunscreen from Clinique. Try that. I think you have to get it from a department store like Macy's or Nordstrom.

Even if it's roasting hot here, it's always more humid someplace else and I can't take humidity at all! I'll take "just hot". Haha!