Thursday, June 22, 2006

Recipe Wednesday




I thought I might attempt to post a recipe to share on Wednesdays. It's important to note that I do NOT claim to be a good cook. I can bake however, and that is why you rarely will ever see me in photos. I tend to eat what I bake, and this recipe is sadly no exception.....

Introducing Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies....Yummy

** These photos are of a double batch**


Ingredients:

1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup stick margarine or butter (I use spread, oh well)
1 large egg
1 1/4 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

(My taste buds are already starting to beg for a cookie!)

1. Heat oven to 375.
2. Mix sugars, PB, shortening, margarine and egg. Stir in flour, soda,powder and salt.
3. Mix well and add Choc Chips.
4.Shape in to 1 1/4 in balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake aprox 9 to 11 minutes until just golden.
6. Let cool 5 minutes on sheet before transferring to cooling rack.




These cookies have the ability to make my husbands knees buckle. A mere mention of them and he turns into a 5 year old at Toys R Us. I hope that you will enjoy them as much as he does, and as much as my kids enjoy making them with me.

If you make them, please let me know what you think!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man nothing but Cutie Pies at your house.... :)
The kids are getting so big.
Wish I could visit.
Stephanie

Netter said...

Mmmmm, yummy, yummy, good for the tummy...I'm adding this one to my pile of "must try" recipes. You have completely made me hungry!

@JDHealingTimeOnEarth said...

Did you save me some? =;)