Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Movie Review #1

This comes from Sue's Blog, and I think it's a great idea! I don't think I'll do this regularly, as I don't watch that many movies. I'll make sure to pass along the good ones though!

On a quite evening last week I treated myself to a pay per view movie that was well worth it! The kiddos were in bed on time (!!!) and the hubby was a work so I had the living/TV area to myself. It's not often that I have alone time, so I knew I had to take advantage of it, and boy did I.

The movie is called An Unfinished Life starring Robert Redford, Jennifer Lopez, Morgan Freeman and a great new actress named Becca Gardner.

The film tackles the issues of grief and guilt, bad relationships and the start of new ones. All of these issues tied really well together in the movie, and it flowed quite well. The part that was so great for me was the relationship between Griff (Becca Gardner) and her Grandfather (Robert Redford), which was a repeated tear-jerker for me. Nothing like a movie bringing out old memories.

I had pulled out the 'ghan I'm working on with the intention of crocheting while I was watching. It didn't happen as I was much to busy with the tissues....Sometimes ya need a good boo hoo, yeah?

If you are into emotional Dramas, and have a spare couple hours, I highly recommend this one!!





3 comments:

@JDHealingTimeOnEarth said...

sycronicity!!! I rented this movie this weekend too! Are we connected, or WHAT??

I also enjoyed it... but I was comparing it to the book and there were some differences. I should never read the books first.

Robert Redford: great as always.. and Morgan Freeman too. Good movie, despite all the so-so reviews.

Netter said...

I watched this two weekends ago. I really enjoyed it. I usually enjoy Robert Redford movies, well alteast the new ones. Although, he was friggin HOT when he was young. I loved him in "Barefoot in the Park."

Anonymous said...

Well, if you and Netter liked it I have to see it. Besides, I could use a good cry! I'll netflix this one for sure.