Friday, September 01, 2006

A Girl Date.

How Cute is She??? Holy Cow! I had a fabulous time out with my "little Big girl" yesterday!

I was planning an afternoon trip to the grocery store and to run some misc errands. The gal mentioned that she wanted to go too. She Hates shopping, and can be a pain when she is ready to go. I asked her are you sure several hundred times. She insisted, and I am truly happy that she did.

We started by unloading the mini at the thrift store. We got a coupon in return for the donation so we stopped in to see what we could find. We picked out 2 ponies for her (of course!) and I found a doll and some wrapping paper. (Stay tuned for a post about the dolls)

From there we went to the Chinese buffet located in the same parking lot. While we were eating our fills of the great crusine we discussed some topics that just blew me away. She opened up to me with no whining, or tattle tailing. She was just herself pure and true. No five year old crap came with it. I fell in love with her all over again, and I silently prayed to myself that we would always be able to have such candid discussions.

The trip to the grocery was great too. She asked questions about prices!! She's 5!!! And I only caught her trying to slip something in the cart once. What a doll!

The drive home was icing on the cake. The Girl likes Bon Jovi!!! BON JOVI!! I caught her singing in the back at the top of her lungs along with Bad Medicine. How cool is that??? A girl after my own heart!!

I Am So Blessed!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you two had a wonderful girly day. Kids can be so sweet, it makes ya wonder why they aren't like that all the time. Hopefully they're will be many more days like that for you & your daughter. :o)

@JDHealingTimeOnEarth said...

How wonderful!!!

I want some of those days too!!

Together and separately.

Cherish them. They become too far in between later on.

Anonymous said...

Im glad you guys had a good day!! You have a very smart little cookie there....And if I was telling that to her, shed say....:"I KNOW" and laugh!! Shes so stinkin cute!
Love you guys, Stephanie xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Sounds like a blast!! I miss those days with my daughter...NOw I have a teen...ugh!!! Have a great weekend!!!!

Lucy said...

That is so cool!! Ya know, no matter how old my son was, when it was the two of us going out to eat or even recently for dinner, he always seems to open up to me about stuff! I know the feeling!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome Christy! I love having girl days with my daughter. I missed her so much when she was at camp! Isn't it great when they hit that age and turn into little people that you can relate to? Enjoy!

LG said...

Enjoy Christy! I´m happy for you!

Darlene said...

I love "girl days" - My daughter will be 20 on Friday & we still have our dates. I cherish them always. :o) Enjoy them!

Netter said...

Oh Man, sounds like you had a great time. I just love that she likes Bon Jovi..that is an extra bonus to a great day.