Friday, October 06, 2006

Grammy time

I am very pleased to report that I had a great visit with my Grammy this week! I was nervous, because her care sounded really intence, and really involved. There also seems to be a high probability for "issues".

I learned the ropes from Mom when I got there. All the drops and meds were planned out, so that was a relief. Nothing needed tweaked which was another worry off my mind. All was well and that set the stage for a very relaxed 4 day crochet and gab a thon.

I don't know if I explained that she had eye surgery. After an accident several years ago she lost one eye, which has no sight now. Her "good" eye was getting so bad that she could barely see at all. She found a doctor that thought he could help and replace part of her cornea. Sounds fairly easy right? No, not at all. I think that we were all under the impression that it was going to be easy and a very little recovery time. Boy we were wrong. Lots of complications and "retries" and high blood pressure probs......

All is getting better now. Her B/P is normalish, and she is doing her own meds and drops. She can feel her way around the kitchen but has been told not to use the stove. She makes her own sandwiches and finds her way around almost everything. I'm pretty proud of her.

While I was there I started on a brownish afghan for someone as a Christmas gift. I got quite a bit done as we sat in living room and chatted. She has some amazing stories of way back when.....I'll have to decompress them and share them with you later.

Most of my life I have felt like I was not trusted by some of my family. I am proud to have proved them wrong, and let them know that I too, can handle difficult situations. I am also happy to report that she made a lot of progress while I was there.

It was a great visit.

How was your week?

4 comments:

superstar said...

life just a good

LG said...

nice time, nice post!

Anonymous said...

Hey Christy! Great to see you back!! Glad you had a great visit with your Grandmother and could spend some wonderful time with her.

@JDHealingTimeOnEarth said...

Glad you had a good time. Get those stories written down, ok?