Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Ouch!

Get all your giggles out now folks, this is a true and painful story.

Most of you know that I had my Gall Bladder out 2 weeks ago. Some of you know of the unusual pain I was in afterwards. None of you know the result of such pain. Until now.

The Surgeon who operated was nice enough. We chatted and laughed at the first apt. He was personable and down to earth. Over all nice guy. The day of surgery we chatted. He said things like "Nothin' to it" and "You'll bounce right back" but nothing to the effect of "Your rib will bruise and you will not be able to wear a bra" I needed to know that fact prior to surgery!

I didn't know that. My boobs are very aware of the bruised rib, and they are holding a grudge. They will not allow me to wear a necessary item in my view. I need to wear a bra, especially when leaving the comfort of my own home. Heck, with the DIL (Dad in law) here I feel the need to keep one on at home too.

I can't comfortably wear a bra and it is driving me nuts!!!

It doesn't matter if there is an under-wire or not, it makes no difference. I've even tried a sports bra. No Luck.

What do they say when men don't.... Ahem "Strap themselves in?"

Free balling?

That being said. I suppose I am stuck with "Free titing it" until said rib feels better. JOY!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about a tank top that's got a built in shelf bra? If you're like me, they don't offer much support, but at least it's something... Hope you heal quickly!

Anonymous said...

Personally, I like the fact that they are free and out there. But hey, that's just me.
Rob

@JDHealingTimeOnEarth said...

That was funny! Sorry you still hurt so much. Layers, try layers.

Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Oh man! I don't think I'd feel comfortable letting it all hang out! At least it's cool outside and you can wear lots of layers. Or you can put on "I Am Woman" by Helen Reddy and pretend it's the 70's and you just burned all your bras. :o) I hope you're feeling better soon!