Monday, December 18, 2006

No Florida!

Peeps! It's official!!! I can barely type the good news. We are not moving to Florida after all, I repeat NOT moving to Florida! Isn't that great!!! I'm thrilled!

Then where are we going you ask? Oh, about 50 miles away, still in the Pacific Northwest. Bremerton, WA to be exact. This is super news because I hate hot weather, and I was not looking forward to driving across country again. More importantly though, the little lady is excelling in school here. She has a great teacher and lots of friends. The boy is just getting his feet wet in his speech therapy, and it would be difficult to reestablish that in a new state. (It's a state program.) Also the DIL could keep the same job. It would be a drive, but that is an option.

If you have been a reader for a bit, you know that originally Hub had received orders to the John F. Kennedy, an Aircraft Carrier stationed in Mayport Florida. Recently the Navy decided she'd seen better days and decided to decommission (retire) her. This left my Hubby in limbo, with no place to go.

He got the official call this am, saying that his orders were canceled. He asked what happened from that point as far as moving. After some conversation the detailer (In the Navy, a detailer is the person responsible for rotating people through Sea and Shore duty, and finding them job openings) said that he could stay in WA, specifically the USS John C.Stennis
If you'd like some info on the man behind the name, you can click here

Basically peeps, this is super news! What a great Christmas Surprise!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought I remember you saying something about moving to Florida....good for you!!!! I love the change of seasons too!

Anonymous said...

If you´re happy, we too! ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh thats great! Im happy that you are going to be staying there, I know thats where you wanted to be.
As for your husband, it will be nice for him to be back with his buddy. You also will miss some of the deployment, you lucky dog!! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Yippee!! I'm jumping up and down and clapping! I know you didn't want to go to FL. Now you can stay relatively close to your family. Oh goodie!

@JDHealingTimeOnEarth said...

I've been walking around with a BIG smile on my face all day, and doing a happy dance every now and then, too!

I am THRILLED, to put it mildly!!

All those prayers and good thoughts from friends and family have tipped the scales!

Aunt Jenny said...

That is so exciting!!!! Wonderful news!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

No, Clare, I believe it was the Navy wanting to save a whole ton of money and decommissioning the ship that was the deciding factor in not sending me over there. But, hey, whatever floats your boat!

Anonymous said...

I use to live in the pacific NW, in Federal Way and worked in Seattle. That would be a huge change going to Florida, so I am glad you are staying up in the NW.