Sunday, December 17, 2006

I'm still here

I am, I promise.

I'm still a bit miffed about not being able to find the USB cord thing for my camera. I have some cool pics to show you of my recent crochet creations. I am also in the late stages of crocheting this tree. It was going smoothly until I hit the last row, and all of a sudden it is going terribly s...l...o...w. I am so excited to get it done, it is the first thing that I have attempted that is not an easy or beginner pattern. Way to go Me!

In other news. There are 8 days til Christmas, and I am so excited. I love to watch my kiddos get the "best" gifts, and I love watching the Hubs eyes light up too. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to my gifts either, but Christmas to me is not about the gifts.

My Mom will be here, weather and buses on schedule permitting. I sent my Dad a late invite but he's not able to come. As far as I am concerned the more the better. I love to cook up a nice big holiday dinner, and if I know you, you are invited.

As a great gift, and a huge surprise for me, my Dad has called me twice in 2 days. That never happens! He sounded lonely on one of the phone calls, so I invited him over for Christmas. He already has plans though. Oh well. Dad and I aren't close, and we go through phases of being in contact and not. I love the feeling that I get when he calls. But I also put up some walls as to not get hurt again when he doesn't. I am glad that as an adult I can see his ways as just being him, and not think that it's my fault that he's not around more often.

So- Happy Sunday to you all!! The JETS are playing right now so the Hubby is screaming at the TV like they can hear him. If you listen carefully, you might be able to hear me cheering for them too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The last row is a hum-dinger, ain't it? Well, good for your for trying something that's a little more challenging! I can't wait to see a pic when it's done.

Anonymous said...

Well if you have snow on the ground I will high tail it up there! We have no snow yet and I am not going to have my white Christmas. *pouts* Cant wait to see everything that you have been crocheting. You are really getting into the challenging things! Yay!