Sunday, February 04, 2007

Movie Night



On my 101/1001 list I listed starting a family movie night. I thought it would be a nice time to curl up together and watch a good family flick. I never expected to have the movie King Kong as a feature film though.

Hubby noticed that the movie was coming up on HBO and was excited. I had NO desire to watch, but I have been giving an honest effort to watch movies Hubs is interested in. I am SO glad I gave it a shot. As a bonus, BOTH kiddos enjoyed it! Surprise Surprise. Now before you lecture me Mom, we did not intend for them to watch.

The gal, who is clearly her fathers daughter, likes scary movies. Clearly not afraid of much, she tells me "It's just pretend Mom!" They enjoy watching these kinds of movies together so I support them from another room. I usually get nightmares so I stay away. The main surprise of the night was my sons reaction to the dinosaurs and King Kong himself. He stared at the TV with a jaw dropped amazed look, before covering his eyes and running to Dad.

Did you get that?

He ran to DAD!!!

I sat in awe watching the boy cuddle his Dad, and even pat his sister on the arm for comfort. I think folks, we are making progress!! This is BIG news!!

Here are a few of the shots I got.



After the very, very, very long movie was over we collected the children and headed off to bed. I expected a night filled with nightmares, but non were obvious. It ended up being a great movie with some great cuddle time and a night filled with soundly sleeping kiddos. Perfect!!

3 comments:

@JDHealingTimeOnEarth said...

Well, that is good news! I would've whimped out.

Unknown said...

Oh man I missed it. I will have to see if its on HBO OnDemand so I can watch it.

Sounds like you had a wonderful nite.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sometimes you find good things in unexpected places.