Sunday, February 18, 2007

To good for words!

I won't be able to adequately describe my weekend, I don't have the words and I doubt there are any out there that would project the feelings I have.

All of the planning credit goes to the worlds best Hubby. He researched, he did his homework and he pulled this heavenly weekend off without a glitch. I was so happy to share this experience with him, and am grateful that he would go to such lengths to prepare such a wonderful relaxing experience. A million "Thank yous" to him!

You need to take notes, or book mark or just spread the word. Do something. Everyone should live this experience once in a life time. I'm planning a return next year. For sure. I'll remind you to get your pencils ready when the don't miss activity starts. But lets start at the beginning.

The trip started Friday late afternoon/evening. We left our house and headed for Seattle to enjoy a nice room at the Hyatt. The bathroom was beautiful with a separate soaking tub, and a standing glass shower. The bed was down and super comfy and it was right next to a huge picture window looking out on the busy streets below. We were on the 14th floor which wasn't an issue til I looked below. Yikes.

We got all made up and went to Pacific Place for a very nice Italian dinner. We arrived just in time to miss the late dinner rush and we were seated immediately. Our server selected the very best red wine I had ever tasted and the salad was a perfect mixture of herbs and misc greens. Perfect start to a mini vacation that only got better from there. Our main dishes were delicious too, there just are not enough words!

From there we went back to the room and realized that it was only 8:30pm, so we decided to catch a movie. We called for the car (from valet, WOW, we used valet!) and were soon in the theater watching Breach.

I think I'll do a movie review in the next few posts or so. Trust me, you can wait til then!

The best part of the weekend took place the next day starting at Noonish. We drove from Seattle to Snoqualmie where we pulled into the Salish Lodge and Spa. (Bookmark this page!)

Hubby had instructed me to bring along a swim suit. (By the way- I didn't know exactly what he had planned) We walked up to the Spa on the 4th floor and checked in. We were split up to go change and then we met back up here:




There were two hot pools to enjoy plus a steam room and a sauna. They were all beautifully done and the scenery out the window was amazing. Soon we were met by our scheduled hosts. We were taken in to a room with a gorgeous wood fire burning and two massage tables set up side by side. Our feet were massaged in a soapy foot heaven and then we were instructed to un-robe (in private, of course) and lie face down on the tables. I wasn't sure what was coming. I figured a massage was in the works but I was so surprised when the Earth Cocoon started. Here is their description:

**Soothing purification treatment in the hydrotherapy rain room where warm mineral-rich mud is applied from neck to toe and your body is gently wrapped for detoxification and nutrient absorption.**

WOW! It was so refreshing! The mud/mineral mixture was so warm and smelled so great. After they cover you they wrap you up and you soak. It was perfect! Heavenly. We also got a scalp massage while we were wrapped. I think this was the highlight for me. I couldn't believe that felt so good. Whatever it was that she used in my hair left it feeling soft and smelling like peppermint. I really need to figure out what that was so I can stock up.

Next we were unwrapped and were shown to the shower to rinse off the mud. We dried off and returned to our tables for a River Rock massage. I had never had one of these either but I wasn't shocked when it was so good. The warm rocks massaged all the kinks out and then they were set on certain spots along our backs. Total relaxation!

After it was all done Hub and I looked at each other and just said WOW! The whole experience when the foot massage started was 100 minutes. 100 Minutes of total mind relaxing goodness!!

So peeps. If you know ANYONE, who needs a great weekend away. Send them here. They are ranked #19 overall in the States, and they also have specific ratings in the top 10's. It's worth every dollar, and worth the travel to get there. It's just amazing!

The post would not be complete without thanking my Mom. She came over to watch the kiddos so that this weekend could happen. Thanks a bundle!!

7 comments:

@JDHealingTimeOnEarth said...

You are welcome. I want that package, maybe birthday/Xmas combo? Hint Hint! haha.

Anonymous said...

World's greatest hubby-- dat's me.

Lucy said...

I am soooo happy for your two...you both needed that!!!!!

Anonymous said...

NICE! Sounds good. Glad you guys had a nice time together.

Unknown said...

Wow Christy! Sounds heavenly...what a man! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That sounds incredible. I'm glad you two had some time alone without the kiddos. We all need that sometimes so we can remember why we fell in love to begin with. Sometimes we lose that in the daily life of married with children. Good for you, i'm so happy for you two. :o)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds awesome! Yup, that't the worlds best hubby alright!