Tuesday, March 06, 2007

More Ink....

My hub is addicted to ink lately. When I met him he had 5 tattoos. 2 months ago he had 5 tattoos. Last month he got another, and today he came home with this.......

#7



In the old Navy sailors got tattoos of swallows because when they returned from Sea seeing a swallow was a sign that land was near. The swallow signifies a homecoming. Sailors would get one tat of a swallow for 5,000 miles at sea and 2 tats for 10,000 miles. The nautical star represents the guiding star that led them home, because in the days of sailing ships sailors navigated by the stars.


*dictated to me by my inked up hub.*

3 comments:

@JDHealingTimeOnEarth said...

well, I guess swallows are better than serpants, and the story why helps, too. Inked up, yeah.

Anonymous said...

Owie! That's allotta ink! But looks cool. My uncle had anchors on his forearms.

Anonymous said...

Very cool........