Thursday, March 08, 2007

A completion, and progress

Ahem....

Crafty Christy Proudly Presents......

A completed Item.

No kidding!

Okay- seriously, here it is. I finished something. (Thanks for the applause!)

The other day Son and I were in the craft store looking at yarn. He was being a great boy, staying right by my side until out of the corner of his eye he saw a Diego fabric. A Diego fabric with a ball on it to boot! He asked in his own little way for the fabric and since I am always adding to the pile o fabric I have I said sure.

Fast forward to last week when a friend and I made a day of thrift shopping. I found a great flat sheet with dinos on it. I knew it would be perfect for something, but I wasn't sure what. Then it hit me.

A blanket!

It's reversible, and instead of using binding, I just turned the edges under. I tied it with Red yarn and viola! It's done. Now that it's done, of course, son wants nothing to do with it. Figures.



In the progress made category we have the wool rug I mentioned in an earlier post. It's coming along nicely. I did make a boo- boo somewhere though. I can't figure it out, and I don't feel like pulling it out to an unknown point. It's just going to get walked on in the kitchen anyway. It doesn't need to be perfect. (Did I just say that?!?)


So there ya have it. Progress. Whew!

4 comments:

@JDHealingTimeOnEarth said...

VERY nice! Just put the blanket on his bed, and before you know it he will like it.

The rug looks good too!

Unknown said...

Cute blanket. Your rug is coming along nicely. It would drive me nuts with a mistake. So I would be a ripping away finding it. lol

Anonymous said...

Kids can be so fickle sometimes! I don't know how many times The Girl signed up for stuff then dropped out of immediately.

I made the same mistake many times with that durn rug. Of course, I had to rip it out. My zippers simply HAD to line up. Once I made that same mistake in the same place and had to rip it out twice! LORD! What happened was that I did 3 dc's instead of 4 - that's probably what happened to you too.

Anonymous said...

Cute blankie, my son would love that but would probably do the same after I made it. LOL, kids.....

Your rug is coming along great. :o)