Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Spring?


Geez, folks. Yesterday it was snowing and today it looks like the middle of Spring! I think someone is confused!

I am welcoming the weather with a big wide smile and some internet research. You see, a nice sunny day is a great chance to give your horse her first bath; even if that thought scares the bajesus out of you.

You see, Sara, is scared of the hose. We have worked on this fear a bit trying to convince her that it is not the snake that it appears to be. She has a mind of her own however and now we must get more creative.

We have a bath stall at the barn that you can bathe in, well your horse can bathe in LOL. There is an issue with that too, which adds to the first bath anxiety. Confined spaces make it easy for her to smash me and create havoc, though I'm not as worried about that as I am in looking like a fool.

I've done some research. I found this very helpful information. I think that I will just see what she lets me do, and maybe push just a bit farther. She is ridiculously caked in mud, and sure could use a full bath though.

Maybe that little sweetheart will just let me do it. We'll see. I'll try to take some pics of myself for you. You should get a good laugh from them later!!

Wish me luck!!

3 comments:

Lucy said...

Can't wait for those pics!!!!

Anonymous said...

You can do it, Christy! You'll have that horse as clean as a whistle in no time. :o)

@JDHealingTimeOnEarth said...

How did it go today? Sounds like an interesting technique to try.