Sunday, May 13, 2007

Day #2

Kinda sucks that Hub had to deploy the day before Mothers Day! That put a damper on my mood a bit in the morning I think. The kiddos surprised me with cards that he had helped them make on Friday. That was so sweet! I sang myself the "Happy Mothers Day to me" song (sung to the birthday song tune) and made my way through a difficult day.

He did call before he got onto the never ending flight to no-no land. I was very grateful for that, but knowing it was the last time I could hear his voice for quite awhile was torture. I didn't have anything specific to say, besides I miss you and love you, so there was a lot of empty space in the conversation. I just couldn't put the phone down and then I was in tears when boarding started.

I've been fine today as long as I was not at home. The moment I walked in the door from the barn I was in tears. I'm such a weenie! It's the silly little things that are making it hard. The laundry that had to be folded and put into his dresser. The after shave left on the counter in the bathroom. Silly things. ya know? Surely I have to toughen up at some point.

What makes me feel worse/guilty is the fact that we spent so much time fighting recently. Granted there were major things happening, but right now all those things seem so small compared to him being gone. Yep........this is crazy.

Alright......I hope you all had a great Mothers Day! Stay in touch ya hear?

4 comments:

Lucy said...

Mom's with husbands that go to serve our country are some of the most incredible mom's ever!!!!! Don't forget that....cause it means YOU!!!! God bless your family!!!! You too, Christy, are a true hero...we're here for ya!

@JDHealingTimeOnEarth said...

Each day will be a little bit easier, Punky. Stay focused on the positive and plan out a project or two. Love and hugs.

Anonymous said...

Aw, it's going to be an adjustment, for sure. Hand in there, Christy, it will get better. {hugs}

Sandra said...

Christy I know how you feel and you're right, it's the little things at home that would make me break into tears.

One of the things the kids and I do when hubby deploys is pick one of his t-shirts, douse it with his cologne and then sleep with it. It makes us feel closer to him and the kids love it :)

Another thing that helps a lot is to stick to the normal routine and stay busy busy, it makes the time go by faster....remember the hardest part is the first one or two weeks.

Will keep you in my prayers :)
Hugs,
♥Sandra♥