Saturday, September 08, 2007

I told ya so

I said I would, so here I am. I'm blogging. Imagine that! Let me first tell you that the Hub is home safe and sound from the ship. It was so nice to see him and know that most of this stress is over. We are so glad to have him back!

Secondly, we have gone through some MAJOR changes recently. Huge, major changes. Changes that have kept me away from my computer at night. Things that have boggled my brain and stressed me out, tested me on all sorts of levels. I made it. We made it and we are alive and breathing. Thank the good Lord for that!

This biggest change is that we have moved. I happened upon a rental ad on Craigslist and called. No particular reason to call, but the thought of moving had been on my mind to get closer to Hubs new job. Everything about this home turned out to be perfect. You know when it's meant to be all the energy just lines up and falls right into place? (Mom will love that line!) Everything went fairly smoothly, if I do say so myself. I'm pretty proud of me that I made it through!

This house is our dream home. It is like going from the Motel 6 to a 5 star luxury hotel. We are about 1/4 mile from the road on a beautiful winding driveway, there is aprox 15 acres of quietness, room for the horses, it just goes on and on. The house is huge, it looks rather empty right now. I am so happy here! There is a HUGE jetted tub in the master bath that I swear I could live in. Luxury.....yum.

So anyway- we moved before Hub returned from deployment, and in hindsight I am glad we did. He didn't need to return home too all that stress. Living here means actually getting to see him on weekdays and no long lingering trips to the barn. We are the barn right here, and that is super! The little gal will miss her horse lessons there but I hope to hire someone to coach her along once we are a little more settled.

So we are here and getting settled. Life is starting to calm back down and I am really missing my connection with my bloggy friends. I miss the crochet group and hope to be back involved with that again soon, but I miss reading and commenting and sharing the laughs with all of you.

Drop a line, say Hi. I'll be back with the rest of the news soon. I hope soon means tomorrow, but ya never know. Here are some pictures of us at the local carnival recently. We all had a blast!!


*Everyone wave at the camera*

*The bouncy cars were a big hit!*
*This little lady is a dare devil!*

4 comments:

@JDHealingTimeOnEarth said...

So glad to see you back and sharing! Yes, I do love that line, and it is so true, too.

Anonymous said...

Wow! A lot has been going on up there! I'm so glad the hub is back home safe and sound and that the commute is no longer an issue. Long commutes are a bummer! You guys look like you're having a blast at the carnival! We've missed you in blogland and cal pals.

Lucy said...

Good for you, Girl!!! See, it's always darkest before the dawn!!! Congratulations on the new home!

Kare said...

Congratulations on your new home! Nice to see you back.