Monday, June 23, 2008

Updates


Hi all. Look what I got yesterday......free. Free. FREE. That's my new favorite word. Well, aside from my son new trend in telling me he loves me every 2 minutes. That's really my favorite.

Here's a brief update of life in these parts.

The farrier, (the guy who trims horse hooves) went ill, and it's serious. I'm unable to find another farrier that the wild guy will tolerate, so I'm going to figure out how to do that myself. That has sparked interest from Hub on something for income after his retirement. He suggests a husband wife thing, I prefer the training side of things which leads me to the next topic...

The horse trainer had a freak horse related accident and has a major concussion and is not allowed to ride for 3 months. Concussion plus broken clavicle and a few cracked ribs. She feels like she's on hells door step, poor little thing. She's skinnier than the glass panel in my french door. :)

So this leaves me with no farrier, and no trainer. Guess who it leaves me with? ME. All me from now on. This could get very very interesting!

We have 2 out of town trips planned soon. One this weekend and the Hub gets home right in time to pack our bags and catch a plane to visit his Grandma in the scorching heat. Have I ever told you how much I hate being to hot? Anyhow, I'm excited to go see her. After that it's back home to enjoy some camping and horse time before it's back to sea for the hub.

I've also managed to get 4 pages in the scrapbook done, that's always so rewarding!

Enough blah blah....hope you are all well and enjoying Summer!

3 comments:

@JDHealingTimeOnEarth said...

Purdy darn cool, isn't it?!!

Aunt Jenny said...

I feel the same way about heat..ugh!
LOVE the new horse trailer!!
I have two Uncles in Calif who are farriers...and could use one here for my cow!! Her back hooves are so long and cows don't lift feet like horses do..sigh....
I think it would be cool to learn how!!
Have a great week!

Lucy said...

And do we get to see the scrapbook pages?...I need some ideas for mine!