Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Christmas Meme

This looks fun, even though I can't share a pic with you right now since my cord is still MIA. Oh well. Still a fun meme!

Imagine a great pic of our tree here.


Attach a photo of one of your current holiday displays: See above.

1. Egg Nog, Mulled Cider, or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate, or maybe even coffee.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? That depends on the gift. He's wrapping this year!

3. Do you decorate the outside of your home with lights? Any other displays? The stairs out front are decorated, and I have a snowman that I made hanging on the front door.

4. Poinsettias, Holly or Mistletoe? None.

5. When do you put up your decorations? The day after Thanksgiving! This year I could barely stand to wait that long!

6. Do you prefer to give or receive? Giving is great!

7. Cut tree, live tree, artificial tree, or Festivus pole? Artificial; I would LOVE a real tree again. I miss that smell throught the house!

8. Have you ever made a gingerbread house? Yes, and won't be doing that again til the kids are teens. What a mess! We usually make gingerbread cookies, but haven't yet this year.

9.Do you display a nativity scene? Yes, I found a great heavy set at Goodwill 2 years ago. It was cheap and I love to look at it up on the mantle!

10.When did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember exactly when. I do remember when I found out Sesame street was all puppets though. I cried and cried. I felt so betrayed!

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Love it Love it LOVE it. I can't stand the thought of being in Florida around Christmas. It'll be 80 there, that's horrible!

12. Can you ice skate? Yes, providing I use a hockey stick to create a tripod. Don't laugh.

13. Do you open your gifts on Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning? Christmas Morning, of course! We have to wait for Santa! Actually, I think that is how I found out the truth. I think I remember Santa coming while we were at Church on Christmas Eve one year. All the adults had a hard time explaining that one.

14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? I love seeing my kids faces light up when they get the perfect gift! But, it is still a holiday about a birthday. That's important to me too.

15. What is your favorite holiday cookie? I like making gingerbread men, but I don't like to eat them. I guess sugar cookies!

16. What tops your tree? I have two toppers: One is St Nick, it's his turn this year. We also have a handmade doll from Hubs Grandma. We rotate.

17. What is your favorite Christmas song? Anything on Anne Murray's Christmas album but if I had to choose, I'd say her version of Winter Wonderland. I am SOOO Glad to hear of someone who likes her other than Mom and I!!!! (You have good taste Sue!) I also enjoy the Mormon Tabernacle. (sp?)

18. What is your favorite Christmas movie or story? It's a Wonderful Life

19. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yuck

20. Do you send Christmas cards? If yes, do you enclose a letter or picture? Yes, and we usually include a letter. Not this year though. Cards, and a personal hand written letter this time around.
21. What kind of lights do you decorate your Christmas tree with? Multi colored small lights. Hub and I debate each year whether to have them blink or be solid. This year they are solid. (I WIN!)

22. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? A few. I remember when my Gramps gave Grammy a nice winter coat one year, he made a big deal of her trying it on even though she didn't want to. Then he said "How do the pockets fit?" She put her hands in and came out with a pearl necklace. I also remember getting letters from Santa on the tree. I thought that was really cool!

23. Best present that you have received? Hum, I'm not sure. There are a lot I really enjoyed at the time, but can't remember now. I remember one year I got everything I asked Santa for. That was a major miracle in my house!!!

24.Turkey, Ham, Seafood, or Soup for your holiday dinner? Turkey Usually, this year Hub requested Ham. Who eats Seafood for Christmas???

25.Describe your favorite Christmas ornament. We have a picture ornament that we got our first Christmas together, we put it on first every year!

Whew, that was long~~

It's bedtime!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

#10: What?! They're puppets?! Can't be!

#14: That's the best, isn't it?

#17: We're kindred spirits! I LOVE that album. I just may put it in my car tomorrow!

#24: What? No Christmas lobster in your house? (said tongue in cheek, of course.)

Great List!!

@JDHealingTimeOnEarth said...

I read in the paper today that it's the Italians that eat seafood for Christmas. None of that in our heritage, so we stick with turkey or ham. =;)

You have other memories that I do.. or else I'm loosing my memories! haha. Some stuff I just let go of. I guess it was the stress. Glad you have good memories. That's what I was aiming for!

Anonymous said...

I can tell that our Christmas ornament tradition has been a big hit. The first ornament we put on every year is two mice together on a swing with an arch over them that says "Our First Christmas"... what else have you forgotten?? :-)
Rob

Anonymous said...

Hi Christy! Thank you so much for your birthday greetings! I met Kimberly and we are having so much fun! She´ll be posting in her blog about her visit to Argentina!
Hugs
Vik

Anonymous said...

You have some great memories there! Have a great weekend!!