Wednesday, January 03, 2007

After 8 years....


I finally feel like I am somebody!





I have a nice, new to me, Side by Side refrigerator. With (hold on to your chairs) An Ice maker!!! Yep, that rocks. My hubby was playing with it all night.

So now that you think I am a geek. Here's the story.....

We moved into this house in October 2005. We rent, so nothing in here as far as appliances are ours. The fridge that was here worked, but that's all. I wish I had a before picture for you. If you open your fridge at home you usually use a handle to pull the door open. We had no handle on the outside. You'll also note on your refrigerators that on the inside of the door you have a place to store condiments like mayo and whatever else. We had a spot there but nothing to hold the items in place. We used Duct tape. Seriously! We did. The best part was that sometimes the duct would give away and you would open the door to an avalanche of stuff trying to attack you. It wasn't pretty.

So now I am someone. I have a nice refrigerator, and I feel whole.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!

I have that same fridge in black! It's a great refrigerator, isn't it? My hubby and I love it.

Tell the duct tape to take a hike. ;)

Anonymous said...

HAHA, I remember that fridge! Every time you opened it you had to stand back and wait! Your new one is BEAUTIFUL! CONGRATS!!
Stephanie

@JDHealingTimeOnEarth said...

Glad you like it! I see Jacks is quite interested in it too!

It's the basic things that bring us relief, isn't it?

Aunt Jenny said...

Yay Christy!!! Hopefully soon you will see me just as excited about my new dishwasher that I desperatly need!
That is one nice Fridge gal!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thats soooooo cool! I'm truly jealous. I've been wanting a refrig with an ice maker since I was, oooohhh..lets just say forever. I'm truly jealous!