Monday, January 08, 2007

Crochet break

I'll admit it, I am addicted to crochet. I need the yarn and hook therapy. I'm a nut.

After crocheting numerous dishcloths and also finishing the Hubs lap afghan, I burnt out. Well my mind did anyhow. My hands were begging to crochet something. It was crazy. I needed something to do in the evenings that I could easily pick up and put down. I decided to raid the stash of cross stitch projects that I have just inherited. I have never, ever, enjoyed those things, but this time I was surprised. Here is the first completed cross stitch project.


Next to the completed cross stitch is another project with a cowgirl. I couldn't get the finished one to show up when photographed alone. That's weird. Anyway---



It was actually fun and relaxing to do. Now I just need to frame it and find a spot for it. Any ideas?

Next on the list are some horse pillow cases I found today at the Craft Mart for the gal. They should be fun too, I hope (fingers crossed) I'll keep you up to date on my progress.

3 comments:

@JDHealingTimeOnEarth said...

Good job, Christy! Hope to see the other one soon.

Anonymous said...

Great job! Ya know, I started cross stitching once and got bored and put it down..I think because my first time I tried to tackle a HUGE picture! LOL! You may have inspired me to pick it back up...something smaller this time, LOL!

Desperate Housewife said...

I love cross stitching. It's so relaxing. Except when you screw up, and have to rip out three hours worth of stitching.