Thursday, September 27, 2007

Car trouble and a handy helper

So we headed out to leave for little mans testing yesterday afternoon and guess what happened? The MFing car wouldn't start. How can that happen on such an important day?? It's just my luck I suppose.

The battery has been dying regularly recently and it's caused all kinds of problems for us. We need a new one obviously, but the timing for that is horrible.

I popped the hood and went inside to call Hub and the appointment to let them know. I came back outside to find this.

Little man trying to jump the van with his big boy bike. HOW CUTE!!!



I had placed the jumper cables there before I went in, but still. Way to precious! He was saying "I fix cah mommy"

This kid just surprises me everyday!

We made the appointment, we were late, but we made it. I'm glad I stuck with it, I was ready to reschedule and not deal with it but it turned out alright.

Little man had fun playing with the teacher while I talked to the Lady in the other room. When the speech therapist emerged my kid was glued to her and she was obviously fond of him too. She mentioned that she understood next to nothing of what he was saying but that his personality was so great. That's my boy!!!

We know he qualifies for the speech, I knew that all along. I suspect he will get other services also that will help him with the everyday aspects of life. I'm so proud of him!! And proud of me for not being reduced to a pile of tears on a particularly hard day.

3 comments:

Priscilla said...

Getting speech services through school was such a hassel. My son qualified for preschool speech but not in K. He did not get speech again till he was 8 years old and was in a different category for speech.
If you want to go out side of school try the Scottish Rite Language Devlopment Center. My niece went to the one in Seattle.

@JDHealingTimeOnEarth said...

Ahhh, that is soooo cute. Good for him!

Anonymous said...

Christy, did I mention how cute those pics are?! Adorable!