Thursday, June 05, 2008

Here I sit.....alone....


Alright Peeps. It has come to an end. Hub is on the plane to go wait for the ship. It will just be the kids and I, occasionally Grandpa, and hopefully Oma sometimes too, for the next month.

Right now, as I type this, I have no clue what to do, where to start etc. I have been out of my routine for 3+ months now and it feels really okward. At first I planned to weed outside and play with the horses a bit while the boy was at school this morning. It's raining, so that nixes that idea. Then I was going to go out and renew my Drivers License, but hey- I've got 2 more months to get that done, why rush it. Then I thought about going shopping but I don't really need anything so I decided to stay put in the house. Then I thought about cleaning, so I sat down with you instead. You'll help me ignore this mess won't you? Aww....I knew you were true friends! :)

The boy has an appt with his PCM up in Seattle today for a (waste of time) gosh, I don't know why we are going. I have no idea what I want/expect him to do. I made the appt to get a referral to explore the boy's Autism in more depth but I have a feeling I'm running myself into a medical brick wall. There ARE interventions that I want explored, but those come from "unconventional" methods, and insurance wants to know nothing about it. I'm specifically looking for a DAN doctor (Defeat Autism NOW doctor) they are hard to find, and expensive as all get out especially when insurance wants no part in it.

I did find him a doctor here locally, she's a DAN doctor and I can self pay. No referral needed. But then I think about the reassurance the PCM provides and how he made all this mush in my brain grasp the autism as a fact. He gets me. And I love him. I love him in the way that I would never dream about taking the kids or I to a military doctor ever again. Anyway- back on subject. I could go to Seattle, and have him say I can't refer you. Or he could refer me to another doctor whom I don't want my son to see and have my time wasted again. Or I could just call and say never mind, which makes me not get to see my favorite doc for awhile.

It just hit me. I'll take him to the DAN doctor first, and then I'll haul him up to Seattle to do the testing and get insurance to pay for it back door style. That sounds appealing!! I love it when I chat on here and I answer my own issues. Perfect. Let me make the call.

Calling......(I'm on hold)

Perfect! Well my schedule just busted wide open. Now what should I do.....ugh, the dishes are about to get up and walk out of here, maybe they are first on the list.

bye peeps, thanks for making it all clear!

2 comments:

@JDHealingTimeOnEarth said...

Glad that worked out!

Aunt Jenny said...

Doncha love it when a plan comes together!!! ??